1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pac Man involved in another shooting?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by rokski2, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I can't speak for SportsScrub, but the way I'm looking at is I can understand why it's not as simple as snapping your fingers and leaving behind all of the people you've grown up with. That doesn't make what Pacman is doing right, and he deserves all of the punishments he's received. If he doesn't do anything to change his lifestyle I won't feel bad for him at all. I'm just saying that I can see how it would be difficult to leave all of your friends behind. What if starting tomorrow you had to cut ties with all of your friends, specifically ones who have been friends forever, back when you had nothing?

Hell I just think Pacman is a bad dude and putting ALL of the blame on his entourage is a cop-out. He does need to lose his crew, or at least avoid the strip clubs, but it's not surprising to me that he's had a tough time shaking the people he grew up with.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He made a choice to stay in contact with them when he went to WVU. That was his chance to turn his life around.

I went to a college that was a few thousand miles from where I grew up, and you know what? I do not talk to anyone I grew up with.

I think Charles Barkley has said before that you must leave the people behind you grew up with if they are in gangs and do drugs. They will do nothing but bring you down.

There is a lot of wisdom in what the Round Mound says sometimes.

Draft saved Draft deleted