1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pac Man caught on camera punching stripper and biting bouncer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Feb 21, 2007.

1. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

New Reality TV show---Pacman and Ray Lewis team up as Jim West and Artemus Gordon, and every week go to a different city on their own personal train. When they get there, they link up with an entourage and go killing people and beating up strippers, and then real people take turns posing as their lawyers/agents to spin to the media what REALLY happened.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Don't mean to threadjack Whitlock, but I read your column and I have to say:
    Don't you think you went a little overboard?

I wasn't there or anything, but even Wilbon said you took it way too far.

4. chuck

i don't think i went too far. i watched pti today, too. mike handled the conversation as best he could considering he's deep in bed with the nba (studio host). i just skimmed bill simmons' column... many of the things i wrote about are in simmons' column, except he believes no police were on the strip. that is not true. i had a five-minute conversation with cops on the strip. one of my boys is a police detective in orlando. he was in my group. we talked extensively about what the police were trying to accomplish.

i've received emails from people connected to the nba thanking me for writing the truth about all-star weekend in vegas, and they went on to talk about what they experienced in atlanta and houston...

new orleans will be a war zone.

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Reilly treads a lot of the same ground in his SI column this week.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

One of the funniest bits on Taxi was when Louie had a Pac-Man machine installed in the garage. Reverend Jim, of course, played about a 10-second game, quickly proclaimed it "The greatest experience of my life!" and started to get his paycheck as a bag of quarters soon after.

Classic show. Tank yoo veddy mouch.

7. oh, really... that's good!

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Pimphand used. Corner worked.

As I said in another thread, it looks like the Las Vegas mayor was right about 'gangbangers' and 'hip-hoppers.' My apologies to him for saying he was off-base.

J-Dub, great work as usual.

9. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

It's really sad to see all these articles. I trully think that Hip Hop can be something minus the thugs and gangbangers. Now, whenever Hip Hop and NBA is used in the same sentence, you're going to start thinking about those things.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Chuck, I totally agree. Hip-Hop is much more than negative stuff and crimes. That's how it started, and it's been hijacked by self-serving punks who are out for themselves, not for Hip-Hop's good. It's sad. The genre and original movement deserves better.

11. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Is it online?

12. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

You need to STFU!

Early hip hop has often been credited with helping to reduce inner-city gang violence by replacing physical violence with hip hop battles. Many believe that with the emergence of commercial and gangsta rap during the early 1990s, the emphasis on non-violence has been greatly removed, with many rappers boasting about drugs, weapons, crimes, and violence. Within this time, hip hop music has also begun to appeal to a broader demographic.

Translation: When HIP HOP went CRIMINAL - it attracted the WHITE SURBURBAN KIDS!!!!

Stop blaming hip-hop for being hip-hop. It's the DOMINANTE culture that buying these Rapper's cd's.

Draft saved Draft deleted