1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pac Man caught on camera punching stripper and biting bouncer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Feb 21, 2007.

1. http://sportsbybrooks.com/sporting-news-radio-reports-pacman-jones-strip-club-altercation-caught-on-video-12303.php

ESPN will have to remove its head from David Stern's @$$ and cover the mayhem in Vegas, which was the real story all along.

2. Yeah, and I'm sure they will, right after their daily updates of Bonds, Nash's injury, NASCAR, Tiger, Bernie Williams and Terrell Owens. Get Ed Werder on a plane, NOW!!!

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

One of the bouncers is paralyzed from the waist down. I hope Pac-Man doesn't waste all his cash "making it rain" because he's likely going to owe that guy a ton of money.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a thread on this already?

Oh, wait...it's Whitlock. He just has to have his own thread.
    ::)

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Unavailable for comment.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I was confused by this thread title, as Adam Jones' nickname is Pacman, one word, no capital M.

I figured J-Dub had some cartoon violence for us.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Jason has Pacman fever. It's driving him crazy.

I'm now going to kill myself for making that pun.

Jason is right though. This story does seem to be underplayed by ESPN and others.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Or the "chilly" relationship between A-Job and Jeter.

9. Jemele Hill

Jemele Hill Member

Here's a serious question I have:

If there is "lawlessness" in New Orleans next year, how many news outlets will be uncomfortable reporting that in a city that will be trumpeting its comeback?

Not trying to excuse anything, but to a certain degree, how things are reported are based off the perception of the city itself. In Detroit during the Super Bowl, people were waiting for that signature incident to happen -- and it never did. My point is that Vegas is know for being out of control. So you could argue that people come there with an expectation they are going to see wild, uncontrollable behavior. If a triple shooting occurred in Detroit during XL, it would have been on CNN -- even though it's a major city where, yes, crime does occur.

Fights/shooting always occur at Vegas strip clubs, whether Pacman Jones is there or not. I guess I'm wondering if the lack of attention being paid to what happened in Vegas has more to do with the fact that it's expectated behavior as opposed to journalists not wanting to be involved.

Just a thought.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Tupac shot down on or near the strip after a Tyson fight comes to my mind. I might lean more toward expected behavior as opposed to looking the other way. You had to know there would be trouble in Vegas. Who, when and where was yet to be determined.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Hasn't one of the prevailing story lines surrounding post-Katrina recovery been the insanely high crime rate? Heck, wasn't some of this year's Mardi Gras coverage talking about how things were violent and Mardi Gras was a more "hip-hop" affair with a "darker" tone, if you know what I mean?

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Whoa, easy with the generalizations. I have been to several Vegas strip clubs over the years. I have never seen a fight, let alone a shooting.

Hell, I've never even felt unsafe at one and I have developed a pretty good "Shit is getting ready to happen" radar over the years.

Draft saved Draft deleted