1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pac 12 Officials Coordinator Investigated for "Targeting" Arizona Head Coach

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

It's just grandstanding for Pitino. In years past at the tournament, he'd be six feet onto the floor, marching up and down while yelling and giving hand signals, and we'd notice that his players weren't even watching. They were busy with their own game.

Pitino does it to show off his finely tailored suits.

2. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Shocking, I tell you. Shocking! I'm just trying to figure out where he ranks among the bad Pac-10/12 refs in history.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

AP: Rush has resigned.

4. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The fact that the episode was leaked tells you all you need to know about how Pac-12 officials regarded Rush.

6. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Why the Dan Patrick Show is Excruciating and Should Only Be Listened To When One Forgot To Change The Station, Part 348,918,401,265:

The host today tried to equate this Pac-12 refs thing with the Rutgers Mike Rice situation.

7. Riptide

Hard to believe that anyone might sympathize with Rush and Mike Rice Jr., too, but this guy does:

"EGGERS: Pac-12 loses a teacher in Ed Rush; Mike Rice Jr. will resurface someday"

http://bit.ly/XsQg2Z

8. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

If you read the whole column, the writer doesn't really sympathize with either. In the case of Rice, he said he needed to be fired, but he'll probably resurface as a college assistant one day.

The headline writer did not do a good job of summing up the column.

9. Riptide

Oh, I read the whole column.
    Eggers took it pretty easy on each of them.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's better than anything on the WWL -- by a lot -- and I took his takes this week on the two situations as scandalous, with the Pac-12 getting shoved under the rug. That said, it hasn't been the best week for the DP show.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Gregg Marshall interview. Not good. Give Patrick, and his crew, credit for saying he wasn't fair to him.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

He even sacked up and called to apologize to him afterwords.

Milehigh is right. I would much rather listen to Patrick.

Draft saved Draft deleted