1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pa. man goes Kim Jong Il on golf courses

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I've had one (July 12,1999....Scott City, KS...220 yard,4-iron).......hit the stick one other time, and been 6-inches and in a couple other times.....

Local guy here had two in one round 10 years or so ago......I'm pretty sure they're still drinking at the club on his tab.

3 in 3 days.......oooof.....

2. 220-yard, 4-iron? Damn ...

Nice shot Tiger!

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Golf courses should have cameras. People would pay to get the video of their best shots, and the golf course could use it to promote on its website. Being able to catch a liar or cheat would be a side benefit.

4. Diego Marquez

Diego Marquez Member

My dad always said never play the old guys for money. You may outhit them off the tee, but they will hit every shot true and leave you wondering how they beat you.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Back in the old days when I actually played some golf, I played with a number of those old guys. It seemed like they hit the exact same shot with every club -- 150 yards straight down the middle.

6. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

I've hit the flag once and rolled another right up to the cup. Both were between 2-4 inches of being a hole-in-one. I've had one shot at eagle, from the fringe, and missed but did make birdie. I average 90 over 18 holes.

Yeah I'm a hacker, but I'm not a liar like the old fart that claims three hole in ones in three days.

7. joe king

joe king Active Member

I once did a Sports Illustrated Faces in the Crowd item on a 71-year-old guy who had two holes in one in the same round.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Of course, he got all 10 toes into it back then ...

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

best idea in golf since titanium.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Gophers would be against this.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

When I was at my peak I had 12 holes-in-one during one round. But today I'm lucky if I get one or two.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted