1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

p90x

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by proudpittsburgher, Jan 13, 2010.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Oh. My. God. I know what I'm doing tonight.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Instructor scares me . Looks like an eastern block spy.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I've done Turbulance Training, which includes weight work along with intense cardio. I signed up for 3 mos and you can download all sorts of workouts to keep me busy (just be sure to unsubscribe because they do tend to send you a ton of emails)

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Whoa. You ain't kiddin.

5. I'll put it this way, I'm a little north of 350 pounds and last spring I got started on p90x and I could handle it. I've always been athletic even for my size, but I wouldn't call myself an athlete or anything. My best friend's boyfriend is a beachbody coach and helped me through the four weeks I got done. I only stopped because I tore stuff in my shoulder and I couldn't do the pushups, weight work or band work. But I dropped a lot of weight in a hurry, and more importantly, I felt better waking up in the morning every day than I had in a long, long time.

You have to realize that you don't have to do everything just as they do it on the DVD. If you do that, you're going to get discouraged really quick and quit. Do what you can. If there's something you can't do, run in place for that time or do some push-ups or sit-ups, something to make sure you keep your body moving. And don't be afraid to push the pause button. They go at it for about 50 minutes straight and it's one exercise right into another. Don't be afraid to hit pause and take 45-60 seconds to get a drink and towel off. I did that for the first week as I learned all the exercises and by the second week I hit pause probably a third of the time I did in the first week, and by the third week I was keeping up pretty good.

I noticed my biggest difference after a week or so just in the fact that walking up the three flights of stairs to the newsroom didn't make me winded anymore. The diet plan was difficult to adjust to at first because it involves eating at like five separate times a day with smaller portions just to keep your metabolism always working. But it really became easy after a week or so and began to feel natural. If you're doing it right, you're eating to the point of being satisfied, not being full.

It works. If you can do it, get on it.

Draft saved Draft deleted