1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

P.J. to coach Sonics

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

According to MSN.com

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19590045/

Met him one night in North Bennington when word got out he was at a private dinner at a small upscale bistro. He was nice enough when I went to the bistro to get a few quotes but couldn't give me more than a minute or two.

Any thoughts on giving him the keys?

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hopefully, P.J. doesn't choke in Seattle.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What if ... nah, couldn't happen, right, Latrell being on his staff?

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Now Mr. Starbucks has sold the team, the Sonics don't have enough money to feed Latrell's kids.

Kidding aside, I like this hire. He's done some excellent work as an assistant in San Antonio. There's no reason why he can't develop a strong team despite the apparent loss of Rashard Lewis.

5. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Dammit, I saw this thread and prepared this witty response, especially after recognizing that there were only four replies. To see it as the first reply, well, bravo, sir.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Damnit. The only reason I opened this thread was to make a choking comment. Well, I guess I succeeded.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

PJ is a good guy and a decent coach who got a bad deal in the NBA because of one of the biggest assholes in all of sports.
    I'm happy he's finally getting another chance.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

He's a good teaching coach.

The Sonics are a young team.

This is a good fit.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

My mom liked Sprewell until he choked P.J. Then he displaced Laettner as her favorite player. She really did not like P.J. Not sure why.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

How much do you look like P.J.?

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Thanks S-P ... saved me the keystrokes.

I never have heard what has made PJ so vile. I mean, if anyone thought Sprewell was the least bit balanced, he wouldn't have barked about needing to feed his family ...

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

It'd be a good match if he mated with Oliver Miller.

Draft saved Draft deleted