1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ozzie Guillen to Florida, managing last game with White Sox tonight.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 26, 2011.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Agreed, especially with Rick Hahn waiting in the wings to replace him.

2. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Ask any writer that follows an AL team with any regularity...Ozzie is, by far, the greatest manager to deal with. Gardenhire, who also could be out after this season, is the second best.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

When is the last time someone went from the White Sox to Florida to get paid?

4. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Ozzie is taking his talents to South Beach.

5. If Ozzie gets fired - what does he wear to the press conference? Does he wear his White Sox uniform? That would be tacky. Does he wear a suit? That doesn't seem like his personality. Casual dress? A Miami Dolphins hoodie? How about going bare ass naked and telling people to kiss his ass? Seriously I want to know.

6. JakeandElwood

He'll be in a hoodie I would guess. And Carlton, please don't say that :).

7. Will everyone in his family be in matching hoodies? Will there be a family photo?

8. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Alex Fernandez?

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Comedy gold:

More on walking away from his final year and not managing in 2012: “I’ve got to talk to my wife and she’s got to cut the shopping process and [son] Ozzie [Jr.’s] got to quit drinking a little bit and [son] Oney will have to go to work a little bit. [Son] Ozney’s got to go to public school and hopefully get a scholarship somewhere, a lot of [stuff]. My mom’s got to cut a little bit, my dad’s got to get healthy, my sister’s got to find a rich man. There’s a lot behind the scenes. The captain of my boat, I’ve got to cut that thing down. There’s a lot of things I’ve got to pay. We’ll see what happens, I don’t know yet.”

10. JakeandElwood

That's hilarious. Hopefully the comedy continues with the Marlins.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Oh my God. They're bleeding the poor guy dry, aren't they.

Now I feel bad for him.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Latrell Sprewell wonders what all the fuss over feeding a family is about.

Draft saved Draft deleted