1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ozzie being Ozzie

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Locked, May 18, 2007.

1. Locked

Locked New Member

He is out of contol.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-070518cubssoxozziemikenorth,1,5359412.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

blah, blah, fucking blah. Ozzie curses in spanglish. Mike North likes to stir up trouble. Blah, blah fucking blah.

3. Locked

Locked New Member

Hear for yourself.
    http://podcast.670thescore.com/wscr/468209.mp3

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I believe you, and that wasn't a shot at you. It's just the same old stuff from Ozzie and Mike North, that's all. I curse when I'm pissed. Ozzie is a Picasso in that art form. Wasn't it North who got the Farnsworth comments earlier in the week?

By the way, I'm sure WSCR has a dump button. If they didn't use it when Ozzie grabbed the phone, they deserve the fine. Like they didn't know what was coming.

5. Locked

Locked New Member

I didn't hear it live. I have no idea if they used the dump button.

6. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

That was beautiful.

7. I listened to that interview with Mike North.

Mike North's meltdown was priceless. I thought that was more funnier than Ozzie telling him to "Shut the bleep up."

If you want a laugh, listen to that audio clip.

This might be the best radio meltdown ever.

8. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

I tell ya, I've been in Chicago all week, and been sampling both the teams' broadcasts and general jock talk radio.

So much "we"-ing going on, I've thrown up in my mouth too many times to count.
    Ron Santo? Seriously?

And ESPN 1000 (I think). Some guy named J-Hood. I think he cannot let three minutes go by without referring to either a shit stain in his pants, some female part, or urination in some form.

It's been a train wreck, and not just because the Cubbies gave up 5 in the bottom of the ninth to the Mets the other day.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

That would be Jonathan Hood. He was on the Score 670 before moving over to ESPN 1000. I didn't expect to stoop that damn low on air.

ballscribe, as they say about sports-talk radio in Chicago, "that's the Chicago way."
    (With apologies to Sean Connery and "The Untouchables.")

I can understand Ozzie when he speaks more than I can understand Mike North rambling like a goon and referring himself as Pappy. Dude's a former hot stand operator and he ends up getting a show. That's the American Dream.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Yes, Mike North hit the professional lottery.

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

<i><b>North hugged Guillen in the visiting manager's office and brought candy to the players

"I'm not going to let nobody talk to me like that," North told reporters. "I've been a White Sox fan my whole life. I want the best players on the field. I think they rushed Toby Hall in, and that's just my opinion. That's why baseball is great."</i></b>

OK, I get it now. The guy is a fucking idiot.

12. Indeed. He knew what he was doing. He was milking all this up just for ratings and attention for himself and his show. That's what it boils down to. Mike North knows Ozzie well enough to know that's how Ozzie is.

Draft saved Draft deleted