1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oversight on Texans-Colts gamer?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by lone star scribe, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Here is the AP writethru lede on the Houston Texans' 29-17 victory Sunday, which clinched the AFC South title. In the entire story, there is no mention of the Texans' QB, Matt Schaub. Not that he had a bad day: 23 of 31 passing for 261 yards, 1 touchdown, no interceptions, and a passer rating of 109.7.

So, thoughts? Is this an oversight, sloppy writing, a feud between the Houston AP writer and Schaub? FWIW, Andrew Luck was 13-of-27 for 186, 2 TDs, no INTs, and is mentioned four times, including a quote. I should point out, this was Luck's return to his hometown. But it seems like something is missing. Schaub wasn't mentioned in the original AP story either, before the writethru version with quotes moved.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=321216034

2. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Re: Houston Texans QB is MIA

Dumb thread title. Thought he refused to talk to media, or got lost driving home because of post-concussion symptoms a la Chris Miller.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He didn't do anything out of the ordinary in any way. I suppose with a ton of time to reflect you can make the argument that the quarterback should always be in there, but you could also say there really wasn't much reason to spotlight him either.

It is a stupid thread title. I also thought he blew off the media, which would be very out of character for him.

4. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I was thinking he was reported missing and no one can find him. Thread title fail.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Bad thread title. I thought something serious like life and death happened. Especially after the last couple of weeks.

6. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Despite the bad title, I cannot understand why this topic is worthy of its own thread.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

WTF on the thread title? Be smarter.

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

That's what I thought too.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This. 'Nuf said.

10. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Should I feel bad that I saw the thread title and decided to click only because I am in my fantasy championship game next week and he is my stating QB? My thought was, "Oh shit, I'd be screwed in my fantasy league if Schaub has disappeared."

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

It's a shame no one who has seen this thread has the power to change the subject line, huh?

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yup, you're right.

Draft saved Draft deleted