1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Overnight Chicago trip

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Six...teen hundred feet in the air.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Yeah, I got a picture like that. Not quite that far out. My feet were firmly planted on floor I couldn't see through.

3. novelist_wannabe

Took several photos of my daughter out there. There was a little kid who actually did jump up and down on it. Not cool. I couldn't get past the whole it's made of glass, and glass breaks thing.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I want to do that and the Grand Canyon Skywalk.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Me too!

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Do. Not. Care. I am way too afraid of heights to walk on that. Uh-uh. Nope.

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Nope. Nope. No Niagara Falls in my future either. Well, maybe if I didn't get too close. It does look awesome, but still.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I've done the Grand Canyon Skywalk. It is quite unnerving. However, when you see exactly how much supports the thing, it puts you at ease. It goes way out there.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I'm afraid of heights (well, not much any more, but it was pretty bad as a kid), so going out and standing on that glass was big for me.

Batman likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

11. novelist_wannabe

The interesting thing is I'm not afraid of heights. No, really. If that were the case I wouldn't have gone up there to begin with. I mean, I've done rock climbing, a bunch of rappelling. Something about that glass just weirded me out.

12. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Mrs Fly and I were back in the south/west/northwest 'burbs this past weekend. Hit up a couple breweries we hadn't visited before (Hailstorm in Tinley Park, Penrose in Geneva, both solid). Went to Burger Antics in Brookfield for dinner Friday night - I've been to Kuma's (which gets all the publicity) but Burger Antics blew them out of the water. Had their burger of the month (Reuben Burger - house-smoked corned beef, great house made kraut and house made 1000 island with pub chips sprinkled with their own BBQ spice mix) and Mrs. Fly had their Black and Blue with fries (hand-cut), she loved both her burger and the fries (but liked my Reuben Burger better after tasting it). Small joint and could be a bit loud but got two seats at the small bar, chatted with the beertendress/waitress most of the time and got great service/hospitality (owner even bought us each a beer).

Saturday for lunch on a recommendation went to Los Dos in Downers Grove. We both really liked it. Asada steak taco was legit and their pork sope special of the day was killer-good. Not a lot of drink choices (cans of soda, a few beers and some bottled iced teas) and could get a bit spendy since everything is a la carte. The complementary chips and salsas were both superb.

Hit up Johnnie's Beef for lunch Sunday before heading home. Got the thumbs-up seal of approval from the boss so it was a good weekend.

Huggy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted