1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Overheard on the speakerphone at work...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dyno, May 1, 2009.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

That's an old picture. I'm wearing the black vest today. This is helpful, though. I didn't know that the speaker thing made me look like I had man hands.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Speakerphone = limited Twitter.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Water. Screen... fucker

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Have you 1) tried talking to him about not putting his conversations on speaker phone or 2) asked your supervisor (or his) to intervene?

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

But then I wouldn't have amusing stories to post here.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Sure you would. There could be the, "then mind your own business" responses he'd give you or the screaming he'd do to his boss after she put the kibosh on his using the speaker phone for stuff it wasn't intended.

I have to think his shit is reducing your productivity.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Find out what gym the wife goes to.
    Then drop into a conversation "A friend of mine goes to your wife's gym and told me there's a rumor going around about a woman whose cheap husband bought a TV set at Sears and only has X in checking is having an affair with one of the trainers"
    Then when he calls the wife on speakerphone to confront her about it, walk over to his desk and shout out "just kidding - I said it to teach you a lesson about discussing personal matters over the phone"

OR

Next time he's on speakerphone go over to his desk/office and shout out "Hey (co-worker's name) what are you doing on the phone? We have to get rid of this dead body before the police arrive"

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

What did you buy? I'd have had me a big-screen TV that same day!! ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted