1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Overheard from press row

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flip Wilson, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I would think not, Ashy.

Just decent perception and a good judge of the human character.

Plus, I'd never waste my time on the too hot chicks I had no chance with anyway...

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ewww

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

So Canton and Cooperstown are now home to the Hall of Getting Laid?

4. "I'm gonna live FOREVER!"

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Wilt Chamberlain was a virgin before he made it to Springfield.

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Gender-based generalizations are a minefield, but I will say that I've observed the "fame as aphrodisiac" effect in notably more women than men.

In high school, I was pretty much ignored by the young ladies until I joined the theatre department. As soon as I started appearing in plays, the little folded-up notes from new-wave chicks with sideways haircuts began to appear in my locker. Of course, guys who played guitar in a band were the ones who really had the chance at a Wilt Chamberlian-esque spree through the local females.

That said, I don't think being a douche on TV counts. Cap'n Kirk's assessment is probably very accurate.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

They don't call it the Hall of Getting to Third Base.

8. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

Back in the days when I covered the AHL and Michael Bolton was big -- yes, a long time ago -- the team bus arrived in Rochester the night of the big Michael Bolton concert -- yes, a long time ago.
    The concert was over by the time we arrived and unloaded the bus etc. and went back to the hotel. I was on my way up to my room in the hotel and this girl, not ugly, looked at me admiringly and said "I really like your music."
    She thought I was Michael Bolton's drummer. Had I played along, it could have been a very rewarding night, I'm sure. As it was, I went to bed alone, an anonymous hack -- or hick -- from out of town.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I am sad for womankind that anyone out there knew what Michael Bolton's drummer looked like, liked the music, and probably would have used him like pit lizards use tire changers: to get to the star.

Ick.

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

When I read "pit lizards," I thought you were talking about punk rock. "Is that what they're calling groupies now?" I thought.

Then I read "tire changers" and my brain kicked in. Carry on.

11. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's discouraged.

Draft saved Draft deleted