1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Over-Under on the Ultimate Right Wing Slime against Obama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Aug 8, 2008.

?

What's the over-under in terms of days from the election when Hannity/O'Reilly/Limbaugh suggest that

Poll closed Nov 15, 2008.
  1. 3

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. 6

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. 9

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  4. 12

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. more than 12

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Now that would be a story. :D

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's all part of the Catholic Church's attempts to appeal to the younger demographic.

Next up: An X-Games section in the bulletin.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Ah, the bulletin. Those were the days.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'd buy an ad in your church bulletin, just to make fun of you.

JESUS HATES PANTERA, right in a little box along the bottom of the back page.

Pallister: "I'm not going to patronize his business!"

5. pallister

pallister Guest

I almost got work years ago helping put together the bulletin at church. I think both the church and I dodged a few bullets there.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This thing could fall back in the GOP's lap once people remember the other candidate who has had to deny an affair during this campaign.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

My brother has worked as a salesman for church bulletins for more than 20 years. He makes more than twice what I do.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

That doesn't surprise me, and not just b/c you work in this horrible industry. Those things are pretty much recession- and Internet-proof. My mom always has bulletins lying around their house and I'm always amazed at how it looks the exact same as it did 20, 25 years ago...and how there's not a spot to be had on the back.

And the other day, I was driving past the store where we always bought our newspapers after church and I thought of the ad the store always placed in the bulletin. How's that for advertising that hooks you?

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Here is what concerns me the most based on how this thing is playing out-- Barrack Obama might actually pull a Gore/Kerry and lose an election that is there for him to win.....

I am no fan of Obama but John McCain is really the worst possible option floated by either party and a John McCain presidency would keep our political system in the dark ages for eight more years......

10. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Excellent, Pirate.

Draft saved Draft deleted