1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Over/Under Obama-Committing Supers Now-Tues.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, May 31, 2008.

1. The site actually makes some good arguments. Hillary is more electable than Obama.

2. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

From the site, and I quote:

Today, the Hillary Clinton army will make it clear that there will be no November “unity”, no “healing” without Hillary at the Helm.

Yes, very sane people. Very good arguments.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Chris was attempting to be Chris: say something stupid to get a reaction.

You gave him what he wanted.

4. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Who's Chris?

5. 2muchcoffeeman

Scroll up to reply 12. See that guy? Chris.

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

And I predicted:

Not bad, not bad. But I can see I'm going to have to do better with my threads because nobody wants to talk about the original topic.

I'm also attempting to lure Fens out of retirement.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If Obama actually has the supers in hand, he will announce them on Monday and Tuesday. If he doesn't ... it probably doesn't matter. He'll have them end of the week, at the latest.

8. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

It would have been seen as poor form -- particularly from the Hillary supporters -- to release the "flood" before the Michigan and Florida situation was settled.

My guess is we'll see enough come forward Monday and Tuesday so that the primary results Tuesday night will put him over the top.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

I see some coming tomorrow, a few Tuesday and then a flood Wednesday.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Folks, he doesn't want supers to be the ones to put him over.

He wants it to look like the voters did it.

This whole thing is choreographed.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Obama and or his campaign wants absolute victory.
    They don't want Clinton to have an edge in popular vote, pledged delegate count, states or superdelegates.
    The last thing Obama wants is someone tugging his cape and saying that he wasn't the choice of the people, which is how superdelegates deciding looks, at least to some.
    And he has to win in November because if he doesn't and Clinton ended the race with a slight lead in the popular vote, then Obama is done as a national candidate.

Of course one person is already saying an Obama nomination is the key to a McCain victory. I don't buy that argument though. I think the right choice of a veep will make all the difference.
    Here's the argument anyway ...
    http://www.lvrj.com/opinion/19053334.html

12. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

That argument is fine and dandy, but the majority of general election voters don't even pay attention to the primaries. Most of the country hasn't even been introduced to Obama, at least not in any substantive way. As always, the entire electorate will look different once the general election campaign is under way.

Draft saved Draft deleted