1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Over/Under Obama-Committing Supers Now-Tues.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, May 31, 2008.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

There's been a lot of talk about how many supers Obama has in his stable, ready to unleash.

Conventional wisdom says he wants the voters of Montana/South Dakota to put him over "the top"-- whatever that number is-- and not supers to put him over the top.

As such, you've got to think a number of supers will come out for Obama ... Monday??

The only problem is, due to this mess, who knows how many he'll need or how many he truly has.

What's your over/under on how many will come out and commit to him between now and Tuesday?

I'm saying 20.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Obama's had a bunch of supers in the bag that he's been releasing one or two at at time. Entirely possible that a bunch of them will come out on Monday.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I don't know. It depends on if this story has any legs:

http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_stump/archive/2008/05/31/scenes-from-today-s-rbc-hillary-protest.aspx

::)

These are your grass-roots Clinton supporters, folks. These are the people the Clinton campaign bused in to protest the RBC. They think Obama is gay and a murderer.

4. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

That was a remarkable little piece of writing, an embed in the alternate Hillary universe.
    Best part:
    "as a honking car decorated with a painting of Hillary, a glued-on bust of Cleopatra, and a tampon drives by."

As for Obama and the supers, haven't people been predicting Obama will "unleash a flood on "X" day" for weeks? And then it's a couple.
    Maybe a few will declare Monday. But If I'm a super, at this point I'd see no compelling reason to say anything before the voting's done. Then I'd come out and finish this thing.

5. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Why am I not surprised?

I've only been to one sexism-based protest -- at the 2003 Masters -- and it was an absolute freak show. I wouldn't expect anything less this time around.

6. joe

joe Active Member

Holy fucking shit.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

On Wednesday morning, however many delegates Obama needs to clinch the nomination will declare for him.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

http://www.hillaryis44.org will be a site to behold, midweek.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

It already is. The comments are interesting to say the least. My mom voted for Hillary, and is in her typical demo. She's 51 and a teacher. She's not crazy like these people, though. She liked Hillary's education plan more, so she voted for her. When the general comes around, she'll vote for Obama because she really made her decision after spending 10 minutes in the voting booth trying to decide.

10. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

With the new math from today's decision, Chuck Todd at MSNBC figures Obama needs about 20 supers if Obama and Clinton split the three primaries evenly.

I'm guessing he rolls about 10 out each day so he can have his valedictory on Tuesday night after South Dakota and Montana.

11. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

And none of it will be enough for Clinton, who will continue to massage the rules to still fit a narrative of her still having a chance.

12. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

It's really sick stuff.

Just look at these YouTube videos:

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/5/31/91456/6724/836/525972

Draft saved Draft deleted