1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Over the line or Free speech?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jun 7, 2011.

1. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

His picture was on the billboard.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It's fun watching the conservatives trip over themselves to support a man who has unprotected sex outside of marriage.

3. printdust

printdust New Member

The baby's picture will never materialize.

4. printdust

printdust New Member

And he was willing to accept responsibility. She wasn't...or in a liberal sense, she was.

5. Plus the man has come forward in the stories surrounding the controversy.

6. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I am not supporting him, I am saying if he wanted the child it's a shame the child was killed. But I guess it depends on how much you value human life which, obviously, you don't. There is nothing fun about abortion. You must have a real winner of a sense of humor.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

He should have got married if he truly wanted to raise a child.

8. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Also, Alamogordo is a town of 36,000 in a border county that is sparse on cities, I'm sure a higher proportion of the population would be able to identify the woman through association with her boyfriend than in, say, Tampa or El Paso. I don't know if that's legally relevant, though.

9. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I agree, but the mistake had already been made. So because of this man's mistake you think it is okay to punish the child by killing it, and think it is "fun." Like I said, real nice guy.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Can she put up a billboard stating every reason why she did not marry him and did not want to have his child?

That all said, this ad should have never seen the light of day.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Of the two, the woman is the only one who gets pregnant. Fun facts to know and share!

12. printdust

printdust New Member

She shouldn't have gone to bed with him if the thought of raising a child with him seemed repugnant.

Draft saved Draft deleted