1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Outstanding story on Bruce Jenner

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by clintrichardson, May 22, 2012.

1. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

http://www.esquire.com/print-this/bruce-jenner-0612-2?page=all

By Mr. Jones. I was especially impressed with the ending. The way the last detail is doled out achieves some real poetry.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The author isn't going to show up with some story about how Kim was totally flirting with him, is he?

Actually, I rather enjoyed that piece. Thanks for posting.

3. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

i also liked that Jones chose to be generous and sympathetic to a subject when the easy route would have been to mock.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Sounded like Khloe was. :D

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

They should have used these pictures:

http://menwholooklikeoldlesbians.blogspot.com/search?q=bruce+jenner

6. Mediator

Mediator Member

Good piece and thanks for posting.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Liked the story. I always wondered how Bruce Jenner got mixed up in that mess and this explains it.

I hope for his sake that Kris Kardashian is really good in the sack.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As a kid, I loved Jenner. I thought he was almost as cool as Evel Knievel. But even after reading Jones' piece, I can't help but pitying him.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I interviewed Evel once. He was pretty cool. I don't think you'd ever see him castrated by a gaggle of harpies.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I wonder what Jenner's reaction is to a piece like this. It is sympathetic, but it isn't exactly kind or flattering.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If you've ever seen the show, you already pitied him.

It's so sad. The guy was the best athlete in the world, and now he's a supporting character in a reality show about people with no talent.

I had to explain to my ex that Bruce was famous in his time, and wasn't always so pathetic.

His wife treats him like shit.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've never watched it. But I've seen enough clips on The Soup to know it would destroy whatever positive memories I have of him.

Hell, I still have one of his original Wheaties boxes. It's flattened and framed. If I ever watched that show, I fear it would wind up in the trash.

Draft saved Draft deleted