1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Outlook question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I've tried the googles and can't find the answer I need.

How do you set a message in MS Outlook so that it is never deleted? Our system automatically prunes messages more than four months old, but I've got messages I need to keep. Any ideas?

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

There's a way you can set up a folder on your desktop that everything goes to. I don't know how to do it, but one of my co-workers does. I'll get her to teach me tomorrow, if you want.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

See the folders on the left. There should be a saved mail folder. You can create your own folders.

(I have my best SportsJournalists.com posts folder that's bulging).

So you create a folder in saved mail (right click on it and click New Folder). Then you can drag your precious emails into that.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

If none of the above ideas work, just forward the message to yourself every 3.5 months. That way you'll never lose it.

5. Rusty Shackleford

I don't have a saved mail folder. Otherwise that's exactly what I'm looking for -- a place to save important messages.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hmm. Got me there.

7. Rusty Shackleford

Where is saved mail? Maybe I'm just missing it? You said on the left, but what folders are around it?

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Three Bags to the rescue !

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I have a favorite folders batch -- inbox, sent, deleted, drafts, etc.

And an all mail folders batch under that -- it includes archive folders and saved mail (and you can create as many folders in that as you want).

It's possible yours is set up so folks can't save stuff and clog the system.

Draft saved Draft deleted