1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Outlander

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Driftwood, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Does anyone else watch Outlander?
    I have enjoyed this show from the start because it's right in the time period I study most.
    My gosh, though, every episode is formulaic. I watched all of season one thinking the same thing. For season two, I watched maybe the first couple and last couple of episodes and didn't feel like I missed anything. I watched all of season three thinking what I've been describing, and season four is already on that track through three episodes.
    It's entertaining, but can we not just have an episode or two that advances the story without major high drama? When something bad happens to the main characters every single week, it doesn't leave much wiggle room when it comes time to make an impact in the plot.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My wife loves it and watches it regularly. My dad pointed out last night that every single week they get ambushed. My wife laughed because it was true.

garrow likes this.
  3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Yeah, I guess it's because I'm a guy, my perspective is different from the core audience. The books are written by a woman for women. They always have to create drama where there doesn't have to be. :D

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

So it's kinda like Emergency where you have a small call in the middle of the episode and a really big call towards the end?

Draft saved Draft deleted