1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Outing: Are you nervous people know who you are?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Apr 22, 2007.

?

Do you feel like you may have accidentally outed yourself on sj.com?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. Maybe

13 vote(s)
    16.3%
  4. Hell yes!

8 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Hell no!

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. I'm a minor cog in the journalism machine. No one cares about me (crying)

33 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

[​IMG]

This guy?

Key features: Burgers. Rambling about Tuesday paybacks

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

As for the original question, I prefer to disclose my identity only to those who I choose in the privacy of PMs.

However, this has not stopped certain NIAFL members from disclosing my identity to that group on their Yahoo board.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You look an awful like one of the Williams sisters.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I feel pretty confident that I've hidden my identity well. I mean, honestly, I could any one of the pool of women who have loved Brook Jacoby since they were 12, who hate their alma mater of UK, who despise Tubby Smith and John Elway, who are huge Duke fans and who love They Might Be Giants and Heathers.

I mean, how much more broad can THAT group get?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I think many -- certainly not all or even most -- of those who are afraid of people fining out who they really are in real life, are also ashamed of who they really are on SportsJournalists.com.

Just my theory about anonymous assclowns.

My identity is pretty much an open secret and I like it that way. Keeps me a little more respectful and (hopefully) respectable.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I don't think it's be that hard to figure out who I am ... not that anyone cares to know.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

A lot of people know who I am (aside from just being a figment of Whitlock's imagination...). I have no reason for people not to know who I am, but I have had some subtle fun fucking with some people who seemed a little eager to know who I am. It shouldn't matter that much.

There were only two people on here I ever felt compelled to do a little stalker work on. One was a pain-in-the-ass troll, and knowing his identity didn't do anything for me. The other's identity turned this place into the twilight zone for me.

9. [​IMG]

He knows who you are, Ragu.

10. audreyld

audreyld Guest

The only posters whose identity I know are the ones who have shared them with me via PM, or off the board. And my secret santa recipient, whose second gift is somewhere in my apartment (how does something go missing in a one bedroom?).

I like when people reveal their identities, not because it's something I'm dying to know, but because it means we've reached a certain level, which is cool.

As for me, I'm pretty sure anyone here has all the relevant info they need to figure out who I am, but for the life of me, I don't know why they'd want to.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Several know via PMs. personal meetings, or the Secret Santa project. I've specifically not commented on several threads I know a lot about because I don't wish to out myself.

But it probably wouldn't be too hard for an FBI profiler to come close, if they investigated every post for knowledge of certain jobs, geographic areas, etc.

I mean, how many sports reporters are there who were all-state in football, basketball and baseball, turned down a million-dollar bonus offer from the Yankess to attend Harvard, graduated from the law and medical schools there No. 1 in the class, won a Pulitzer at age 25, ran backwards with the bulls in Pamplona, broke up with Jessica Alba because she was so shallow, and now post insights and photos via wireless from a roadside rest stop near Goochland, Va.?

12. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

One person will know who I am soon enough

Draft saved Draft deleted