1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Outing: Are you nervous people know who you are?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Apr 22, 2007.

Do you feel like you may have accidentally outed yourself on sj.com?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
  2. No

12 vote(s)
  3. Maybe

13 vote(s)
  4. Hell yes!

8 vote(s)
  5. Hell no!

3 vote(s)
  6. I'm a minor cog in the journalism machine. No one cares about me (crying)

33 vote(s)
  1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Central Illinoisian's post on the top 10 moments thread where he said a top moment was not caring that he outed himself got me thinking.

This poll is actually sort of nice guy compared to my last couple. Enjoy.
  2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I probably should have voted for the minor cog one, but I went with maybe.
    If you really wanted to figure out who I was, you could probably do so, but I don't think I have posted anything extremely incriminating about myself.
  3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hell, Piotr, everyone knows you're Longshanks McGoohan.
  4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

There are so many outlets in this country, so many beats, somany coverage areas . . . . I think people who spend time trying to figure out who people are spend a lot of time tying their brains into knots.

EDIT: Very nice, Dooley. One of my top 10 moments should have been when someone actually noticed that I was the same dork who had been named a thousand different names here, most of which were hit-or-miss as far as humor goes. At least someone was paying attention.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm Cumly Stickyfingers from the Roswellsville Daily Martin.
  6. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

I've outed myself several times. I've got no problem with people knowing who I am and where I work. Sometimes, I wonder if this place wouldn't be a little better if we were all required to post under our real names.
  7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I'm a minor cog, nobody cares, ...
  8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You sell yourself short, Piotr. Wheel Gunner did you have you beat, tho, with Win Without a Knife Yakuma
  9. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Anyone who would try to find out who I am is more in need of getting a life than I could ever be.
  10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I don't think so. Then, it would be like the Poynter message boards, which suck.

The occasional brass-balls-behind-a-computer-screen bullshit we have to deal with here is a helluva lot better than walking on eggshells because we're representin' ourselves or our employers.
  11. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

True, I see your point. I try not to post anything I wouldn't mind having my name attached to. Maybe that's because I've outed myself a couple times.
  12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Same here. Mostly because everyone I work with knows me here. And just about everyone I used to work with is on here. And a number of people who I've never worked with, but met on here, know who I am for real. Not that I mind, but still ...
Draft saved Draft deleted