1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Outing: Are you nervous people know who you are?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Apr 22, 2007.

?

Do you feel like you may have accidentally outed yourself on sj.com?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. Maybe

13 vote(s)
    16.3%
  4. Hell yes!

8 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Hell no!

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. I'm a minor cog in the journalism machine. No one cares about me (crying)

33 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Central Illinoisian's post on the top 10 moments thread where he said a top moment was not caring that he outed himself got me thinking.

This poll is actually sort of nice guy compared to my last couple. Enjoy.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I probably should have voted for the minor cog one, but I went with maybe.
    If you really wanted to figure out who I was, you could probably do so, but I don't think I have posted anything extremely incriminating about myself.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hell, Piotr, everyone knows you're Longshanks McGoohan.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

There are so many outlets in this country, so many beats, somany coverage areas . . . . I think people who spend time trying to figure out who people are spend a lot of time tying their brains into knots.

EDIT: Very nice, Dooley. One of my top 10 moments should have been when someone actually noticed that I was the same dork who had been named a thousand different names here, most of which were hit-or-miss as far as humor goes. At least someone was paying attention.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm Cumly Stickyfingers from the Roswellsville Daily Martin.

6. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

I've outed myself several times. I've got no problem with people knowing who I am and where I work. Sometimes, I wonder if this place wouldn't be a little better if we were all required to post under our real names.

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I'm a minor cog, nobody cares, ...

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You sell yourself short, Piotr. Wheel Gunner did you have you beat, tho, with Win Without a Knife Yakuma

9. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Anyone who would try to find out who I am is more in need of getting a life than I could ever be.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I don't think so. Then, it would be like the Poynter message boards, which suck.

The occasional brass-balls-behind-a-computer-screen bullshit we have to deal with here is a helluva lot better than walking on eggshells because we're representin' ourselves or our employers.

11. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

True, I see your point. I try not to post anything I wouldn't mind having my name attached to. Maybe that's because I've outed myself a couple times.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Same here. Mostly because everyone I work with knows me here. And just about everyone I used to work with is on here. And a number of people who I've never worked with, but met on here, know who I am for real. Not that I mind, but still ...

Draft saved Draft deleted