1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Outing alert: Ken Jennings is Bubbler!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PopeDirkBenedict, Jul 19, 2006.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Ken Jennings has a blog (very interesting one BTW) and today had a Bubbler-esque post, complete with obscure pop culture references and pot.

http://ken-jennings.com/blog/?p=70

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

For the love of Christ, Pope, I'm going to kick your ass.

I am NOT Ken Jennings for the following reasons:

a) I could kick his ass.
    b) Dude gets some props for his pop culture references, but it wasn't scatalogical enough.

For example, it just doesn't cut it to mention the blue screen that's on when the VCR isn't playing, you do it like this. "What's up with Jeopardy's blue screen? If I wanted to see the blue screen from when my VCR isn't operating, I'd have stopped autoerotically asphyixiating myself during Shelley Hack's topless scene in Zalman King's Red Shoe Diaries and turned the damn thing off."

c) I could kick his ass.
    d) His ideas for improving Jeopardy are stupid. Physical challenge? Earth to Jennings, the only physical challenge that would have sustained your run is the Lamar Latrell Memorial Limp-Wristed Javelin Toss.
    e) I could kick his ass.
    f) I could kick his ass at Jeopardy. Seriously. No one beats me in Jeopardy, not even an Egbert like him. I'd battle him tooth-and-nail, and if I got lucky on the topic of Final Jeopardy -- say, American Geography -- I'd bet the house and flip his cap.
    g) Seriously, do you people think I look like that dude? Repeat this to yourself until its ingrained in your skull: supple ass, supple ass ...

I'll admit it, though, Iaughed at this ...

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am surprisde to see Ken Jennings (allegedly) using the word "skank."

And I am not sure bubbler would best him. Ken looks sneaky fast.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Even if he was faster, there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Remember the scene from Kingpin where they distract some farmers with a goat? I'm thinking a limited edition D&D and/or YugiOh! game, an uncensored Inuyasha boxset, and a blow-up doll with AppleTalk Version 6.9 microchip capability (phonetic swear and erotic words built in, muffled or un-muffled) installed just above the "blow hole" would distract him nicely.

Draft saved Draft deleted