1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OUTING 2011 -- UPDATED WITH A WINNER

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Apr 3, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Re: OUTING 2011

The Cell is underrated, but if you're going to come to Chicago, and you've never been to Wrigley, that should be the choice.

Weekend doesn't matter to me. I'll be here, and my schedule doesn't really fluctuate.

I'll try to ask about hotels this week. Convention schedules determine occupancy & rates. Not knowing what's in town, there could be big differences between the two weekends.

I'll check.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And, just so people know, it's Wrigley, so on both weekends the Friday game is also a day game. So, if you wanted to go to a game on Friday, you'd have to get in on Thursday or early on Friday.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

God, I'd love to get back to Chicago. I love that city so.

4. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

If it's in Chicago, count me in for at least one night. I'll be in Detroit for an internship, and I've driven a lot farther for a lot worse.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Wait, in what is possibly my last summer of seeing Teh Punto play baseball, we can't find a St. Louis host or a team hosting the Cards on a weekend?

Do it for all the embarrassment you can cause me. :D

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I was in charge of baseball tickets and had no problems. The few that didn't do PayPal settled up with me by cash on arrival.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

If you do go to Chicago, I'm sure my mother would be happy to have you all for brunch.

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Do you think she'd really be that hungry?

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Yes. After a nice 13 hour brunch with Neolithic-era muffinettes straight from the moldy basement freezer that hasn't worked since Giblets II, you'll know what it's like to be eaten alive, spit out, and eaten again. See Whale, Jonah and the.

10. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I've never been to one and most of you don't even know who the hell I am but I'd be willing to host in KC at any point in the future.

I'd probably do Chicago, I love that city. Planning to run the Rock 'n' Roll half marathon there in August.

11. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Never gone to one of these before, and current finances would preclude me from going this year. But if people have an interest in Boston, and don't mind standing room tickets, Fenway is an option, and I could probably assist in organizing. Although I'm guessing standing for three hours is a non-starter for something like this (although it doesn't bother me).

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Got Mrs. t_b_f's approval to attend a Chicago outing. As long as it doesn't interfere with work, I'm all about this thing. Chicago is close enough to drive (8 hours), but far enough that flying might be worth it. I could ride my motorcycle, though the thought of riding in downtown Chicago isn't the most appealing thought.

Draft saved Draft deleted