1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Outing 2009 - now taking applications

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Nice rooms to be had in Hamsterdam, though.

2. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Definitely come to NYC! In addition to the birthday boys, you can hang out with these guys!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Without reading the rest of the thread yet, I vote for Baltimore. Purely selfish, of course, because I would like to attend one of these outings, and an approximately 8 hour drive or 90 minute flight is completely doable, given lots of time to plan.

4. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

They do call Boston "America's Walking City." So there would be lots to do within a pretty close range. But as Moddy said, Fenway Park tickets are virtually impossible to get.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I'd vote for Baltimore, just because it's a cool city that I'd like to see some day.

Of course, no telling if I'd be able to make it or not.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Baltimore is fantastic, plus I could make that outing. I'll just stay with my sis!

7. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

I have no idea how early you have to reserve group tickets at Fenway, but they are sold out for 2008. So I imagine pretty early. However, if Boston is a popular choice, I can certainly help out, if not be the "host."

8. joe

joe Active Member

Love, love, love the subway system in Boston. But it was expensive as shit to stay when I went there 11 years ago. I can't imagine what it would be like next year.

By the way, does Philly have a subway or at least good mass transit? I love riding mass transit in big cities (Chicago, Boston, San Francisco).

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I might be able to swing Baltimore, Philadelphia or Pittsburgh. I'll start saving my pennies now.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I could do Baltimore or Philadelphia. B'more is an easy drive or a trip on the MARC commuter train. Philly is probably not too bad a drive.

I would love to go to Boston though, because I have yet to see U.S.S. Constitution in person and I'm dying to see it.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I don't think Avery's going to be in a party mood for a while yet ...

12. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

Baltimore -- Beer at the Wharf Rat, Boog's BBQ, you and 12,000 of your closest friends on their cell phones at Camden, Fells Point.

Sounds like a great time. There's my vote.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.