1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Outing 2009 - now taking applications

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You were spending most of your time dodging cars, you jaywalker, you.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I have a vested interest in Pittsburgh because it's one I could theoretically make.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hot-lanta...

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Yeah, but that would mean you'd have to go through Camden, N.J., which isn't exactly the nicest city in the world. I've been there for concerts, and the Tweeter Center is a great venue; I recommend it. But Camden's one of those towns where the doors are always locked in my car.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It's a wonder none of us got hurt.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

You don't have to go "through" Camden to get from Philly to the Camden ballpark.
    And you don't have to go into Camden to get to Trenton or AC.

But you're 100% correct about the locked car doors.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

I will say one thing for Ragu ... he and I were the only ones who knew how to cross the street

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My fault. I was speaking through assumptions, which isn't usually the best bet.

I went to two concerts in Jersey in a three-day stretch. The first was in Camden and the second in Elizabethtown. Maybe it was the time of the day(s), but those two towns looked completely different. We walked a mile into the venue at Elizabethtown. And we were happy to pay for parking at Camden.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Elizabeth is not beautiful but not bad.
    Camden is the hell hole of the nation.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I lock my car doors no matter how bucolic the place is supposed to be.

I believe the saying goes something like: "Trust in God, but lock your doors."

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Camden's pretty high in the crime rating, isn't it? The last I heard, it was rivaling Baltimore.

12. Boston would be nice in the summer, especially if someone wanted to take an extra day or two to stay on the Cape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.