1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Outdoors Reporter - Fort Collins (Colo.) Coloradoan

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Matt Stephens, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

One of two new sports reporters the Coloradoan is hiring. I can probably answer a lot of questions about this job, and the best place in America to live — Fort Collins ;D (CNN said it, not me). Feel free to PM.

From JJobs http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1351614

2. JJHHI

JJHHI Member

Damn. This would be a great job. Almost worth getting back into newspapers.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Absolutely love Fort Collins. Love it. It's Gannett and the sports editor just took the buyout and there's been some reshuffling up there. But from a living standpoint, you'd be hard-pressed to get any better.

4. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

What's the other?

5. Matt Stephens

I've heard it will be preps. The former SE, Sean Duff, mentioned two new openings in his farewell column.

6. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

It's been a while, but I remember Blumhardt being good people. Looking at jjobs, they are adding a ton of positions over there. That has to be a good thing. That said, it's still Gannett.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Lots of people left after people had to reapply for their jobs.

8. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Ah that's true. Well, they have a lot of job openings anyway!

9. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

My best friend from high school lives there, and, yes, it's a great town, but it's an expensive place to live.

10. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I don't think Fort Collins is that expensive. I think you can look around and find something reasonable.

11. Matt Stephens

They're out there, but housing can get pretty darn pricing. Good news is state income taxes are pretty low (about 4.6 percent, or so).

By the way, a good friend of mine from college has been hired for this. I know he's an SJ lurker and occasional poster, so I'll let him expose himself if he wants.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I knew an Okie who worked at my paper 10 years ago who moved out there because he loved Fat Tire. Does that little midget still work there? :)

Draft saved Draft deleted