1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Out-of-wedlock f*** trophies hit all-time high!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DyePack, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Oh, I didn't know that.

And to answer previous "40-year-old weirgen" question ... No, I was 14 and she was 21. Good times.

2. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

sweet....congrats.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

*Must resist cradle-robbing joke at sc's expense ...*

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Ushered, doc. She ushered.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's often claimed that Edward VI (Henry VIII's son by Jane Seymour) was the first, but he was actually born the regular way. Her death was caused by a vaginal tear that became infected, not an actual incision. The same thing killed Henry's last wife, Catherine Parr.

I know far too much about that.

6. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

The first person born by caesarian section was Julius Caesar......hence, caesarian.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Actually he wasn't. His mother lived until he was an adult, a highly unlikely proposition given sanitary conditions at the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesarean_section

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

First, let me say I was an out-of-wedlock f*** trophy before out-of-wedlock f*** trophies were cool.

Second, the major reason for increased C-sections is convenience, for both mother and doctor. However, it's the mothers, not the doctors, pushing for them, no pun intended. There also are women who just don't want to go through with vaginal birth. Having witnessed four, I can't say I blame 'em. There's no right or wrong way to deliver a child, as long as mom and baby are OK afterward.

As a side effect of the rise in C-sections, when my wife on a Sunday went into labor with our baby daughter, we were the only ones on the ob floor. And this at a hospital that delivers 4,000 babies a year. Best. Delivery Service. Ever.

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

And this thread has provided reasons 5,366, 5,367 and 5,368 why I don't want to give birth. Ever.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Just curious, Cadet, what was Reason No. 5,365?

Jones' line was nicely played.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Reason 5,365?

The little fuckers shit themselves. 'Nuff said.

12. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Two words: mucus plug

Draft saved Draft deleted