1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Out of the Park Baseball 9

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Herbert Anchovy, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Also, I know they make a hockey game, but the name escapes me. Not sure about basketball.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I am switching back and forth between SportsJournalists.com and Football Manager right now, in the middle of a transfer period and waiting to see if Ajax will hire me away from Arsenal.

3. Big Circus

PCL, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that there wasn't a woman with you when you posted this.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I have a PC hockey game called Eastside Hockey Manager. The last version I have is 2005. I know one of the guys who worked on the game and he installed me as the commissioner of one of the junior leagues!

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Never played OOTP, but have been playing Diamond Mind (formerly Pursue the Pennant) since I was a freshman in college some 17 years ago. Get the new season disk every spring.

Anybody played both? How do they compare?

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

A very good guess. The wife doesn't seem the appreciate the genius that is Football Manager. She refers to it as "your little dots."

7. Big Circus

Women. Can't live with 'em...pass the beer nuts.

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I refuse to play FM anymore. It almost drove me to madness.

9. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

I'm not the biggest soccer fan, but you two are driving me to peek this game out.

Front Office Football is the best game for NFLers.....I liked Football Mogul, but it was nowhere near FOF. Watching Vince Young mature from scatter-armed scrambler to three-time MVP (one with a Tim Tebow-like season to boot) was jaw dropping. They added an update late last season with 2007 rosters, so I'm curious to see how someone like JaMarcus Russell will evolve.

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Haven't played the computer version, but have been playing the board version of Dynasty League Baseball for about 10 years. Can't beat it.
    Also play some Statis-Pro football and basketball (when I can find the current cards to download).

11. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I downloaded this the other night.

Am I correct to assume that you can only access the historical teams after purchasing the full version?

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You can download current season cards for Statis Pro football?

I have the game. Got it a number of years ago. I think I still have Christian Okoye as RB with the Chiefs, so it would be cool if I could get current season.

Draft saved Draft deleted