1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Out of the Park Baseball '13 Online League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lcjjdnh, Jul 9, 2012.

1. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Started a bit of a discussion in the running video games thread, but wanted to see if there was any interest in an SportsJournalists.com online OOTP13 league. I have never played in one, but I'd be interested in checking it out. It looks like it'd help if we had a commissioner that has played in one and knows enough about the Internet to create a site for us. Any interest?

For those of you that don't know what OOTP is, you can check out the website <a href="http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/index.php">here</a>. Basically a computer-based text simulation. Like Strat-o-Matic on your CPU, but with career play (although I'm assuming we won't play out game-by-game in an online league). On sale for $29.99 until tomorrow. Recommended even if you just want solo play.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Like I said in the video game thread, I'd be interested in this.

I'm actually replaying the 1984 Detroit Tiger season game-by-game right now.

But I'm sure some simulations would be the way to go with an online league. Maybe do a week at a time or something. You can set your lineups for seven days.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I have the free game (OOTP 9), but have never shelled out dough for it.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

What better time to start than now? :D

But yeah, I'd be game for this. If need be, we could create some house rules like we used to for Baseball Mogul Online, i.e. no trading with computer teams allowed, etc.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I went and downloaded the '12 demo and didn't understand what was happening, so I'm out. :D

6. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

I'm in. This game is great. Wish the iOS version was better.

7. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Agree about the iOS version. Not really a fan of the UI. But cheap enough it's tough to complain too much.

8. I'm intrigued, but my God will I have a dump of a major league team

9. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I wonder what the simulations for the 2012 Mets, Pirates, Nats, Orioles and White Sox were before this season started.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Did the same and it seems so in-depth I'd get lost in so many hours of it I need to stay away

Draft saved Draft deleted