1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Out of his league" (SI's Mandel on Charlie Weis)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WaylonJennings, Nov 15, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

BYH, of all the unpleasant things we have written to and about one another on this board, none of it as as hurtful as you making me remember that such a sappy, disgrace of a song exists.

Seriously, next time I piss you off, just type "Swayze" and consider your work done.

Can we get back to making fun of Charlie Weis please?

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

im in ur thraed, bunnyz on hed.

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

One of the main reasons I love this season (and I hate ND), is because I'm so very happy for Willingham. This level of redemption has to feel so good for him.

5. outofplace

That picture always makes me smile.

6. What redemption? His Washington team sucks. He's about to get shitcanned there. And all those offensive linemen and linebackers at Notre Dame who can't walk and chew gum at the same time were his recruits. Now Weis has failed this year, but Weis failing doesn't redeem Willingham in any way, shape or form for being a shitty coach at two different places.

7. outofplace

How's that Rudy poster on your wall holding up?

8. I knew that was coming. There can, of course, be no level of complexity when it comes to Notre Dame and Saint Ty Willingham.

Stick to the script: "Weis is a shitty fat failure. Willingham is Bear Bryant reincarnated, with a little Martin Luther King mixed in," or else be accused of Domerism.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Were you wearing your leprechaun outfit when you typed that? Washington would kick ND's ass right now. Of course so would anybody outside of the Sun Belt.

Washington will be in bowl game again before Notre Dame will if Weis is still in South Bend next year.

10. outofplace

Willingham is nothing special as a coach and I'm not sure I buy the redemption thing at all, but it is getting very old hearing the ND apologists try to blame this season on him rather than admit their beloved university screwed up giving the fat man that ridiculous extension.

11. Dude, I could give a fuck. Notre Dame sucks. I don't care. I have no reason to care. Weis is a fucking awful college football coach. But that doesn't mean Willingham is a good one. Why do the two things have to be mutually exclusive? They're both shitty. Maybe it's an indictment of Notre Dame's administration that every coach they hire is a laughingstock.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

They don't have to be mutually exclusive but to say Willingham isn't a good college coach means you don't know much about college football. Getting Stanford to a Rose Bowl would qualify as being a pretty good coach in most people's books.

Draft saved Draft deleted