1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our Man Jones

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JR, Jul 16, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'm probably D-B'ing this but Chris Jones has the cover story in the August Esquire on John McCain.

http://www.esquire.com/features/articles/2006/060706_mfe_August_06_McCain_1.html

Jonesie can write like nobody's business.

The surgical scar from a nasty case of skin cancer that runs down the left side of his face—in stretches raised so that it catches the light, and then diving below the surface like a mineral vein—has cut away some of his former handsomeness. And his white hair is thinner than it once was. Despite that, however, and despite his tendency to squint and wince as if there were a bad taste in his mouth, and despite his stiff, robotic movements, permanent reminders of the nightmares of his youth, McCain can still make himself look hale, strong enough to run through a wall.

Besides being an awesome writer, he's a real mensch.

2. JME

JME Member

A great read.

3. sportsed

sportsed Guest

The two greatest feelings in the entire world have to be seeing your cock disappear into Jessica Simpson's boobs, and seeing "So-and-so Cover Story ... BY PLAIN OLD SPORTSED" on the cover of a major magazine.

I'm still working on what Jones has accomplished.

4. JME

JME Member

That was, um, descriptive. You definitely painted a picture though.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I don't understand what that sentence means.

6. sportsed

sportsed Guest

I have part one of my two-part wish list taken care of ( ;D), now I just need a byline on a major mag.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

That was a great read.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Love that clicker commercial, Nick.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Post of the day.

11. Jones

Jones Active Member

Thanks everybody, JR especially. If I could just get two threads worth of praise each time I write a story, I could probably sustain a healthier ego.

Now I'm off to titty-fuck Jessica Simpson, after which, my work here will be done.

12. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Will she be enjoying the Frankenberry Cock today?

Draft saved Draft deleted