1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our long national nightmare is over: Community returns tonight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Just a reminder for you folks to set your DVRs.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm hoping that with NBC losing 30 Rock and The Office after this season that they'll be smart enough to keep Community and Parks and Rec around beyond this season... It should be a no-brainer. Even though neither show gets super ratings, both are relatively close to syndication and with a lack of good 30-minute shows out there, it would seem to be a shame to lose two quality shows...

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

NBC would say that without The Office, these shows won't draw anyone. The problem is those damn young punks who watch Community all time-shift it, then fast-forward through commercials (or watch it online without them).

And my DVR is set.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Stephen Marche just destroyed it, said it's like watching a zombie, and that it makes "2 Broke Girls look like Dostoyevsky."

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/culture/community-season-four-review-15071533?src=spr_TWITTER&spr_id=1456_6878551

Ouch.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

That's the guy who wrote the weirdest review of "The Americans." I still don't know what the hell I read. Maybe he's right about "Community," but, man...

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Ironic that he ends it with "You can start watching Happy Endings with everybody else." I'm pretty sure the new Community showrunners came over from Happy Endings.

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Yes, watch Happy Endings with "everyone else." Based on the ratings I think that is me and about 12 other people.

I'm looking forward to this season of Community, but after this year might be the logical time to end it. I could go for a Dean Pelton spinoff though.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That didn't seem too bad. Very meta. They seemed to be pounding the "fresh start" theme.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't watch 'Community,' but I just read his review of 'The Americans' after seeing your post.
    Someone needs a couple Flexeril and a shot of tequila. Unwind a little.

11. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I liked the episode.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

There really was almost no chance I wouldn't like it. And I loved it. But let's say this first: The first three season premieres weren't season highlights.

Draft saved Draft deleted