1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our game

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by novelist_wannabe, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

I go with TyWebb's theory. Don Cherry does it all the time. I have 1,000 other reasons to be tired of him. On that, I understand, though disagree with, his point of view.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Big pet peeve of mine. NASCAR, you are a series. Your "sport" is motorsports, which doesn't just include you (gasp!).

I'll give Chip Caray a little more leeway for calling baseball "our sport," since there's nothing comparable to MLB, but I'd still prefer "our league."

3. Sam Craig

Sam Craig Member

Chip should stick to basketball. He's OK there.

In baseball, it hurts to listen to him. One cliche after another. Has he ever had an original observation? I watched him on a Red Sox game, and it's bad enough that national broadcasters make simple and often out-of-date remarks -- like, 'well, it's Fenway, a game is never over,' or 'left-handed pitchers hate pitching at Fenway' etc -- but he was using every last one of those type remarks and most of them aren't true anymore or never were true. I know every announcer will use a few of them but they'll mix in some more-throughtful observations. He never said anything else.

It got so bad I muted the volume for a few innings.

I don't really like to rip anyone, but that was the worst game I ever heard broadcast. I like Chip, but he needs to stick to basketball.

Draft saved Draft deleted