1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ouch! Dude got what he deserved.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No one is gonna put the 20 year old in jail for having sex -- unless the 16 year old or her parents complain.

So your 13-year-old daughter would be safe to have sex as long as you and the missus got no problem.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No folks from Appalachia answer, please.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

BYH.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I don't have to name anyone to declare what kind of rights I believe people should have. I just think people who are of an age when our species is naturally sexually active should have the right to decide for themselves whether or not to have sex and with whom. Do I think it's a good idea for a 15-year-old to be hooking up with a 25-year-old? No. But I don't think it's the government's business. The guidance should come from elsewhere.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

On another note, I absolutely love I Digress' avatar. How old is that cat?

6. '

I agree completely.
    My dad, who is six years older than my mom, started dating when she was 15. They married when she was. There ARE FROM PENNSYLVANIA.
    My wife's grandmother got married at 14 or 15 and had her first child shortly there after (not a shotgun wedding). She's 87 and her daughter is 72.

On another note
    From the Marietta (Ohio) Times
    I think this is along the lines of Pirates argument.
    I think the guy is getting a raw deal from the law.

Do I agree with it. No. Hell no if it was my daughter, but if the parents or guardians aren't complaining - in this case - ...

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

If she'd charged her batteries, she wouldn't have been in this mess [/ducking]

Oh, and Care Bear, I digress' avatar has been used before, btw

8. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

He's finally a millionaire, and now he's going to jail. What a shame...

[​IMG]

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Oh, no. Grimace is just a purple fat ass.

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

That was priceless.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Oggiedoggie raises a valid, practical issue: There's no point in charging somebody when a jury won't convict. And I can't imagine any underpaid prosecutor in West Virginia is going to find 12 people willing to vote for guilt.

12. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

The only question I have, is do we have photos of the ladies involved?

Draft saved Draft deleted