1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OTL reporting new evidence Pete Rose bet on baseball as player

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Cross him, off then.

RubberSoul1979 and bigpern23 like this.
  2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Or Caitlyn Jenner.

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Well when Morgan was on the WWL you heard from him quite a bit, but other than that no.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of Joe Morgan's current obscurity.

5. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

It's weird, I had to turn on the Sanctimonious Baseball Purist filter in order to see the blue font.

Pete Rose is a sad man. Those who spent time investigating this story further to prevent reinstatement are sadder. Akin to the twerp who tells the teacher which classmates goofed off when he/she comes back in the room.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's got to be done because Rose and his slappies won't STFU, take the lifetime suspension he agreed to, and go away.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, it is somebody who understands news judgement, a concept you seem to be having trouble with at the moment.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Pete Rose sycophants:
    1. He didn't bet.
    2. Ok, but he didn't bet on baseball.
    3. Ok, but he didn't bet on his own team.
    3. Ok, but he didn't bet while he was a manager.
    4. Ok, but he always bet on his team to win.
    They keep moving the goal post and proof to the contrary keeps popping up. This man cannot ever be in the Hall of Fame. Ever. I don't give a crap how many drunks, adulterers, con men, thieves, etc. are in there already. (and by the way, in addition to the gambling, he was also a serial womanizer).
    We're talking about the here and now. And for the most part, you can be a drunk and a womanizer and not necessarily have it affect your team's performance or affect the integrity of the outcome of games.
    And come on ... given what we know now, does anyone think that he NEVER bet on his team to lose -- and played in such games?

BurnsWhenIPee and RubberSoul1979 like this.
  9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Serial womanizer. Ok, if there is such a thing as reincarnation, I've finally found what I want to come back as.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Rose can rot outside the hall selling autographs. If there was one rule of baseball that everyone knew, without exception, it was that betting on baseball was an automatic death sentence for your baseball career. Period.

Add in betting on your own team's games as a manager or player and it simply becomes more unforgivable.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

What about after he's dead?

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

He can't sign autographs outside the Hall then.

murphyc and SFIND like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted