1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OTL Jumps the Shark...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Scoop Jackson on the panel... ::)

Scoop, what insight can you give into the Belichick scandal?

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

This is too painful to contemplate.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I've always thought of OTL as a forward thinking, insightful indepth show....
    Sadly, that's turned the corner...

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

RIP Outside the Lines

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Hopefully, this was a one-time aberration.

But I fear not.

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Hey, the networks wil put on anybody willing to take a shot (legit or cheap) at Belichick right now.

7. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Bob Ley: And now we go to our three panelists, and the question I present: Was the NFL in fact too lenient on punishing Belichick?

Panelist 1: Absolutely not. There's this old saying, if you're not cheating, you're not trying. Anyone who thinks this is something the Patriots and only the Patriots are doing is simply naive. Belichick was fined for being caught. That's all. The problem is bigger than Bill Belichick.

Panelist 2: I couldn't disagree more. I think we need to sit back and realize the implications of this. There are guys in Philadelphia wondering right now if their loss in the Super Bowl was legit. They're wondering why Tom Brady always magically found someone in the flats whenever they blitzed. Bob, this cuts to the very core of the game's integrity.

Scoop Jackson: Bill Belichick schemin'/Randy Moss dreamin'/Brady throwin' touchdowns has the ladies straight creamin'/Mad accusations fly/Makin' the hatas cry/Roger Gooddell gotta chill, maybe try to get high.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Now Bob Ley knows how John Saunders feels every time Michael Kay shows up on Sports Reporters...

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

OMFG ...

Scoop on OTL? No way Bob Ley signed off on this. No freaking way ...

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Who said he had a choice?

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

You would think that someone as involved with a show such as Ley would have some say. You're right ... there's not a thing that indicated that he had a choice.

12. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

If the all-powerful and mighty who chair the Great Mouseketeer Company believed that Ty Pennington would boost OTL ratings, he'd be on there.

Draft saved Draft deleted