1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Other views on global warming

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=2158072e-802a-23ad-45f0-274616db87e6

I'm not passing judgement on their opinions or opposite opinions. But those of you who like to claim that all reputable scientists are in agreement on global warming are simply wrong. I read the quotes from the scientists and scholars in this link, and there seem to be a lot of guys with strong credentials who don't believe in the global warming trend, or have serious questions.

Of course, you people will shoot the messenger rather than accept the fact that there is more than one view on this subject. Feel free. As my daddy use to say, you ain't gettin' no cherry.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Well, that proves it.

4. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Apparently you didn't take the time to read the item I posted, possibly in fear that you might be wrong, or, at best, have other people merely asking questions rather than falling into lockstep with the global warming alarmists. There were a helluva more people quoted in the story with reservations about the whole thing, and they appeared to have much stronger credentials than a weatherman in Kentucky.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It snowed in Houston and New Orleans this week.

The midwest had a brutal winter last year followed by zero 90-degree days in the summer and a brutal start to early winter so far.

Ice is growing at record rates in the arctic.

[blue]But global warming is indisputable.[/blue]

[​IMG]

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah. Because global warming is all about hot temperatures, and not bizarre fucked-up weather on both sides of the spectrum.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I don't detect anything about the "alphabet" in your previous post, Junkie, or anything about Trey or Seinfeld sucking in mine.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Everytime that kind of sentiment is posted, all it does is reflect a broad ignorance of the wide ramifications of the issue.

11. As Mr. Ziegler once said, I am willing to bet all the money in my pockets against all the money in hondo's pockets that this "report" comes out of Jim Imhofe's office, and that it's pegged to the conference next week in NYC of The Heartland Institute, which was behind the fake "500 scientists" letter of a couple of years ago, took $280,000 from Enron, and was founded to create "scientific" evidence to counter the consensus on the dangers of tobacco and, with ample funding from the extraction industry, has moved on to "debunking" global warming. We will discover that at least a few of the scientists quoted will complain that they have been associated with this, and that a few will point out that their words were posted without permission or context.
    Call me Kreskin.

12. KG

KG Active Member

I don't pretend to know anything about global warming, but any time I've mentioned how much cooler it's been in the South over the last few years, I'm given a line about warmer areas being cooler and cooler areas being warmer. Honestly, I avoid spending lots of time researching any of it. I'm going to global warming hell anyway, because I use my fireplace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.