1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Other message boards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that's what i love about you, bat. you always bring your A game.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

When I taught English in Mexico...before I discovered SportsJournalists.com...I participated in a board for ESL teachers. They had different boards for each country. It was useful since it helped me learn a few things about an unfamiliar profession and an unfamiliar country (my sojourn in Mexico was a five-month break from sports journalism).

But it wasn't fun like this place. Most of the ESL teachers who posted were naive kids out of college who wanted everything to be easy...or crusty, bitter, old teachers who resented the naive kids. Hey, maybe there are some similarities after all! :D

Nah, not really. SportsJournalists.com is brainy, even when we're being lewd and crude. It was disturbing how stupid most of the ESL posters were.

It's funny how there are certain message-board personality archetypes that seem to manifest themselves on every board. There are a few regular posters on here who have doppelgangers on the ESL board.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Doppelgangers is a creepy word. Just like the Beatles' Life Goes On and Neil Diamond's Coming to America are creepy songs.

4. writing irish

It is a creepy word. Many German words are.

"Life Goes On?" Don't know that one.

"Coming to America" makes me think of Kitty Dukakis drinking hairspray.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I post on flyertalk.com, which is a great resource for people who travel a lot or are interested in travel. I don't post very much and I don't spend nearly as much time on there as I do here.

7. Clever username

Wow, I'm retarded. I was thinking of the name of the tv show that used that song at the beginning. I'll be OK.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

"Other message boards"? Try "Other sites."

9. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I met some of my best friends in the world on a parrothead board I've been on since the early 90s. Marriages, births, deaths, we've been through it all together.

10. writing irish

Parrothead?

11. Clever username

Just a guess, but Jimmy Buffett fans.

12. writing irish

I was thinking maybe Pittsburgh Pirates fans or tropical bird enthusiasts.

Draft saved Draft deleted