1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Other message boards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

How many of you have drifted to a non-sports message board since posting here and how'd it turn out for you?

2. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I usually skim a community racing message board from my hometown. I know little about cars, but many of my friends are on it, so it's a good way to keep in touch since moving away. It's nothing like sj. Everyone pretty much knows everyone else's identities. And of course, it's much more juvenile, since most of the upper-20-year-olds on it write like preteen girls text messaging. The content is more often NSFW than not.

Like a local version of mustangworld.com, if you want to see an example.

3. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I routinely post on www.metal-archives.com's forum. I keep thinking I'll run into BYH but I never do. I guess it's too kvlt for him.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i stopped off at a travel/relocation board a while back. i think i actually scared several members before i left. it was real odd.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

I will go over to the Blackberry message board if I have a question about something, same goes for one of the many Apple message boards, but I don't linger like I do here.

For work reasons I regularly check out the main board for Local U. fans, but I've never registered or posted anything on there.

6. There are no other message boards.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I can't be wasting precious time with any other message board. Between work, sleep and SportsJournalists.com, I'm pretty much spent.

8. When I was a news reporter I'd check out a heavy republican-leaning message board because they'd have interesting discussions about my beat. They were usually very, very wrong or irrational, but interesting nonetheless. I never signed up to post though.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I check out various Texas prep message boards for the scoop ... but this is home base.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I still participate on the handful of Springsteen message boards I participated on before coming here.

11. patchs

patchs Active Member

www.treocentral.com
    www.howardforums.com
    www.dbstalk.com
    www.finheaven.com (but they've been down for more than a month).
    SportsJournalists.com is by far the one I post on the most.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Do you post?

I post occassionally on The Old Coach and 3A Down Low Foum. I also check out Six-Man football.com and a few others.

Draft saved Draft deleted