1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Other Forums

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Canuck Pappy, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Canuck Pappy

Canuck Pappy Member

At work the other night we were talking about this forum. A photog said she has learned a lot from a few of the forums she belongs (sportsshooter.com) and our editor said he lurks here and a news designer forum.
    Just curious if anyone knew of some other industry-type forums that are good places to learn, vent and hang out with others. Specifically a forum like this--but for news types.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Honestly, this is the only forum I post as, but I'm very sheltered and incurious when it comes to this kind of thing. I've found my slot, and I stick with it.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

There was a thread like this on Anything Goes a couple weeks ago, so you might get some answers there.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/49730/

4. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I actually don't want to disclose where I hang out beyond here. There is one place that I spend more time on that this site (Surprising since I made a do not spend overnights/most evenings on the web...I do have a social life you know? ;D)

Also, with MSN/Yahoo messenger, I create my own forum with sports/journo people where we talk about stuff in the industry. You can include people in the convo on screen at one time. However, I know all the people on that forum. Some are former professor/classmates or people in the industry. We talk about stories we are working on, advice about journo situations, or any news chatter.

I am sheltered in that when I go on a forum like this, I do not want people linking me up with the other sites I do go on if any.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Other than the human resources department at the Plain-Dealer, I pretty much just hang out here.

6. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

First commandment: Thou shalt have no other forums before thee.

7. joe king

joe king Active Member

You have a social life? And you call yourself a journalist.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Cansportschick really hangs out at www.kamasutra.com/forum

9. Cansportschick

Yes, I do. I am more a socialite than a journalist :D.

dooley, try to figure out who I am, bet you won't find me ;D ;D ;D

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Please be careful out there, Ace.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Easy; you'll be the one posting about drinking Keith's and discussing sex with your co-worker. 8)

12. Cansportschick

Not having sex discussions or any for that matter with coworker lately...

Draft saved Draft deleted