1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OT: Cat question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, May 22, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Get that cat to another vet, ASAP.

2. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

At least she's grooming again. Poor thing. :-[

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

She looks like she's lost weight too, Poin. Weight loss and hair loss almost always = renal issues. Like Zeke said, get her to another vet.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

No doubt at all that's kidney issues.

5. Editude

Editude Active Member

A month ago, the Editudes had three cats. Now we have one. One (11 years old) was losing hair and not grooming himself, and the emergency vet said his kidney was 90 percent dysfunctional and had days left. We took him for a second opinion, and our regular vet said he had an infection and gave us a prescription. Two weeks later, after the cat stayed out all night, the older Editude daughter finds him and takes him back to the vet, and he died on the drive. A week ago, our 13-year-old cat was having a hard time breathing, and when Mrs. Editude took him in, the vet said he was, in essence, having a heart attack. She held her while the vet put the cat to sleep. Getting second opinions is important, but cats' nine lives seem to end when it's their time.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

That's my suggestion. My five-year-old dog has been losing hair, getting smelly and showing signs of lethargy. It was his thyroid and, now that he's on proper meds, I have my puppy back again.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Geez. That sucks. My heartfelt condolences.

Shit. My cats are 10 and eight. Do I have to start worrying about that stuff?

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Just an update. I put Ashley down this past Saturday, it turns out that she had carcinoma under the tongue. She pretty much stopped eating by Friday. My wife and I had her all but the first three months of our 14 year marriage.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Poin, I'm so sorry. I feared this when I saw the thread had been updated.

10. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Damn, I'm so sorry Poin. :'(

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm sorry, Poin. Poor kitty.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That sucks, poin.

My condolences.

Draft saved Draft deleted