1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oscar Peterson, RIP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Dec 24, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

2. Don't agree with JR hardly at all, but I will on this one. One of the all-time greats.

RIP.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

I never knew he was Canadian.
    No wonder his records cost less in the US.

(ducking)

RIP to a great talent.

4. Great on the 88's.
    RIP.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

An absolute giant of Canadian music, one of our all-time greatest exports to the entertainment world.

I worked in the photo/video department of Canon Canada for three years in the mid-to-late 90s. Canon's office was in Mississauga and Peterson was a neighbour of the president of the company. Peterson was a photography nut and only used Canon stuff. He periodically sent stuff in for servicing and one of our camera repair guys would fix it and drive it back to his place. I was asked to tag along on occasion but could never fit it into my schedule.

If I'd gone I probably would have just ended up sitting there like an idiot until I could get thge balls to ask him about that famous recording he played on of Ella Fitzgerald screwing up the words to "Mack the Knife".

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I saw Oscar and ...son and for some reason my first thought was Oscar Robertson had died.
    My bad.

7. Colton

Colton Active Member

RIP...

8. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

He was still dazzling crowds as recently as last year.

MommaHwy caught him at the Monterey Jazz Festival '06, and said he was one of the best acts she's seen in recent years at MJF.

9. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Hope I don't lose my SportsJournalists.com license for posting this on the wrong thread...but I can't get enough of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted