1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oscar nominations

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I know buddy....just playing with you too :D

2. Damn Canuck Jedi mind-tricks.

3. Cansportschick

That's what I am known best for ;D ;D ;D

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I thought he played Felix of Rohatyn, who saved Mordor with a fresh infusion of low-interest cash.

5. Cansportschick

fresh infusion of low-interest cash...are you sure he's not real? I could use someone like that right about now ;D :D

6. There are about 11 people in the universe who got that reference.
    I'm proud to be two of them.

7. Cansportschick

I wouldn't be promoting that.... :eek:

8. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I'm confused. Did you or didn't you like "No Country"?

9. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

Hands down, "No Country" is a gem. It will win, no doubt.

10. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

**SPOILERS***

It's developed plenty. The point being that DDL's son had outgrown his usefulness. Once a pawn in the early days to put a human face on DDL's doings to get investors to jump in, the son was now growing up, DDL didn't have to go around begging to townsfolk having his waif-y son put on a puppy-dog face to help him get what he wants. The accident and the subsequent fallout/estrangement that happens between them helps DDL narrow his focus, workwise.

I also believe Dano's in there just enough. Whenever the story jumps in time, eventually, he's there, too. I'll admit, though, a small part of me wanted to see a bit more of his ascent before he told DDL all about it in the last scene, but at the end of the day, I was okay with not having it spoon-fed to me. After all, it's DDL's story about how he overcame absolutely everything and everyone, regardless of the consequences.

THERE WILL BE OSCARS.

11. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

Yes, there will be. DDL is probably the best right now at what he does.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

We must be getting lazy around this place.

SportsJournalists.com's favourite filmmaker Michael Moore's "Sicko" has been nominated for Best Doc.

The great thing about Moore's films is that you don't have to see any of them to criticize them while referring to "that fat fuck".

Draft saved Draft deleted