1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oscar Night 2013

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Halle Berry looks like Zool from Ghostbusters.

2. Bubbler

As a Bond junkie, I'm disappointed they didn't use the 50th anniversary of Bond to gather all of the Bond's on stage at once. They're all still with us, but probably not for long.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Agreed. Sean Connery would have brought the house down.

The backstory, per Nikki Finke: "OK, here’s what really happened with this tribute to 50 years of James Bond films. Besides the fact it looks like it was edited with a blunt meat cleaver. The Academy and the show’s producers hoped to gather together all the living 007 actors. But Sean Connery refused to come because he hates the Broccoli family. Something about how he thinks they cheated him out of money he was owed. Then Pierce Brosnan refused to come because he hates the Broccoli family as well. Something about how he thinks they pulled him from the role too early. Roger Moore was dying to come because, well, he’s a sweetheart. And Daniel Craig would have come because he does what he’s told by the Broccoli family’s Eon Productions whose Bond #23 Skyfall just went through the box office global roof. So there you have it."

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Would George Lazenby had made it?

5. Bubbler

Connery has hated the Broccoli's forever -- to the point where he made Never Say Never Again partly to spite them -- but he needs to get over that shit and realize its the most important part of his legacy. Especially since he's not long for the world.

Have no idea why Brosnan would hate them. He just participated in a doc timed to when Skyfall came out.

A shame.

6. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Then call me the Key Master.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm behind, but this.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I love how they play the Jaws theme as the hook music.

9. dooley_womack1

What does "Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. No." mean?

10. Bubbler

If you have to ask ...

11. dooley_womack1

Yeah, if I want to know.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

It's what Kobe usually hears from women.

Draft saved Draft deleted