1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oscar Fashion

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Feb 23, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I could not disagree more. I'd love to hang out with Aniston, and would rather spit on Jolie than shake her hand.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought she deserved a nomination for The Good Girl. Very sad, downtrodden kind of film. If that had been a supporting role, she probably would've been nominated. Her whole career might have changed... maybe her whole life.

But she was the lead actress in that, no two ways about it.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, I hate people who spend the bulk of their lives helping the sick and needy. She gave $15 million of her own money to charity last year.

4. imjustagirl

One can think someone does good for others and still find them unlikeable on an interpersonal relationship.

As a diplomat, she's great. As a woman, non-mothering division, she seems cold, calculated and completely devoid of any human emotion.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Ladies, I think we can all agree SJP didn't look her best. She does so much better with medium-- and blonde hair.

But was it just me, or did Matthew Broderick look like ass?

6. imjustagirl

Lugs, he hasn't aged well. I remember seeing him a few months ago when all the affair rumors were swirling, and thinking "Christ, THAT'S Matthew Broderick??"

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

There are two types of people in the world: Aniston-people and Jolie-people.

Me, I'm an Aniston. That's the community I identify myself with. [/crossthreading]

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Jolie definitely comes across as cold and calculated. I can't argue that.

Aniston just now may be recovering from being dumped by Pitt. She's just beginning to smile in public and not be such a brutal interview on the talk shows.

I remember when she was doing the press tour for The Break Up, I don't know if she could have come across as more guarded, boring and unlikable.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I can't stand Aniston. I feel like she's made the past several years all about how her husband left her for another, without ever looking at herself to see if she'd done anything (like not wanting kids) that might have contributed.

Plus I hate how she gets defended constantly. There are two halves to every marriage, and it all of them, even when there's another involved, both sides are generally to blame.

Plus she can't act worth shit and she's no more attractive than any blonde cheerleader on an SEC campus.

And Luggie, this is the first time Angelina's worn black this awards season. She moved away from the goth thing a while back, although I'm sure you never noticed since you're too busy ragging on her.

10. Castaway

Castaway New Member

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Thanks for checking in, Angie.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Amen.

Draft saved Draft deleted