1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oscar Fashion

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I'm rushed right now, so I don't have time to post pics, but my winner was Reese Witherspoon.

My 'looser' was Beyonce's red carpet gown.

Guys please chime in, too: Who looked better, Aniston or Jolie?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I caught five minutes of the pre show and has a question. Not that there's anything wrong with this, but were any of the men hosting the show straight?

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Sorry didn't watch, but I'm gonna say Aniston because she typically doesn't look like a hooker.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Alicia Keys ... winner, winner, chicken dinner.

5. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Winners: Natalie Portman, Anne Hathaway, Taraji P. Henson, Kate Winslet, Diane Lane, Frieda Pinto, Queen Latifah

Loosers: Beyonce, Miley Cyrus, Sophia Loren, Tilda Swinton (though I give her props for at least wearing makeup this year, so she didn't look completely deathly)

Meh: Amy Adams, Marisa Tomei, Jessica Biel, SJP

Guys who looked good: Josh Brolin, Sean Penn, James Franco, Seth Rogen

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Freida Pinto had a very attractive dress and poor Jessica Biel unfortunately had some big piece of fabric flapping out of her cleavage.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't try to compare Aniston and Jolie, just completely different looks, but I will say that Aniston looks younger at 40 than Jolie looks at whatever age she is under 40.

Loved the concept of simple black dress, with the massive emerald jewelry.

HATED SJParker...get a freakin haircut already and stop dressing like a doll. Jessica Biel needs a new stylist, that was an appalling dress.

Thumbs up to Tina Fey, Alicia Keys...Meryl Streep has a beautiful daughter.

I am positive Anne Hathaway wore a different dress on the red carpet than she was wearing in the house. What is that about?

I wonder if Shirley Maclaine and Eva Marie Saint called each other, 'Are you wearing pants? You are? Maybe I'll wear pants.'

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I thought Tina Fey did more with what she's got than any of the normal Hollywood beauties out there. She looked like a babe.

21, I noticed that Hathaway switch as well, and my guess was that she felt like she couldn't do that bit with Jackman where he carried her to the stage in the red carpet number. The whole lifting the leg thing would have been impossible, thus, the switch right before she sat down. She's super cool, btw. She's officially drafted past Kate Winslet for actress I'd most like to have a drink and a conversation with, I think.

Not that I really care all that much about this, but it struck me as odd that Kate Winslet wasn't wearing a necklace. And while Alicia Keys looked gorgeous, she has so much eye make-up on, she could barely keep her eyes open and actually looked Asian.

And I'm sorry, but Sophia Loren looked like one of the zombies from the Thriller video. Not because she's old, because her skin was the same color as her hair -- orange.

Goldie Hawn also looked like hell.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I will cut Sophia Loren some slack because she is old. But from the neck up, she looked like a Picasso painting. The sides of her mouth weren't moving in sync with each other.

Sarah Jessica Parker freaks me out, too. I have never gotten it with her. I don't think I'd find her attractive if she pulled everything together well, but that was NOT everything together well.

Slappy, I have no idea who all the men were on the pre-game show... except Tim Gunn. I watched a few episodes of Project Runway last year--at gunpoint at first. Tim Gunn is gay. And Tim Gunn is cool as a fan.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I love Tim Gunn. You should watch old Project Runways, Ragu. It's the best reality show on TV because it rewards actual merit, as opposed to backstabbing and boob-flashing.

11. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Jessica Biel stole my sheet and I want it back! Seriously, that dress was horrid....And what the hell was the, stuff, hanging out the top of Goldie Hawn's dress? Ugh.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I didn't see her on the red carpet, but if she was in the same thing as she was when she presented, my wife's reaction was "Alicia Keys has no boobs."

Who else out there thinks Taraji P. Henson is hot?

Draft saved Draft deleted