1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Osama's speech - bull****on one hand, European capitulation on the other?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Mar 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimace

Grimace Guest

So what does everyone think about the Valencia-Barcelona matchup in tonight's King's Cup. I've always been a Valencia fan for some reason and would love to see them make it to the final. Koeman has severely screwed with team morale/chemistry but if they make it past Barcelona (w/ a healthy Ronaldinho saying he'll play) they'll take something positive out of this season.

I think they have to start with Joaquin on the right wing. He'll cause problems for Barca's leaky defense. Put Vicente on the other side and let Silva sit in the hole behind Villa.

Thoughts?

2. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

You know, as it has often been said: Blame soccer.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

First rule of SJ's Soccer Club is don't talk about soccer amongst the heathens.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

solid.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Should we continue accepting as fact the notion that OBL is alive? Were I writing this story, I would have said, "a message attributed to Osama bin Laden," rather than "bin Laden sent a message ..."

6. Grimace

Grimace Guest

He's alive and living in Iraq -- where he's always been!

7. Until I read this post I thought we were talking about Obama and I was wondering why.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Head to the juicing room, newb

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Nope...ya' lost me and about 90 percent of the rest of the board. Not sure I see how one leads into the other unless your intent was to spread general asshattery around here.

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Oh I know Spain runs scared of Obama. Then, the French are generally weak in the knees. Only those who put up with the Soviet hand for decades have the balls to tell a tyrant to f-off. I'm trying to be G-rated these days.

11. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I like to see myself live and on TV too. So does my mom.
    She will at the NCAA Tournament tomorrow night, as long as I tell her the color of shirt I'm wearing.
    Maybe that will work for Osama. Just get a line on what color shirt he's wearing on press row.

12. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Oh yeah!
    Valencia overcome Barca to reach Copa Del Rey final

VALENCIA, Spain, March 20 (Reuters) - Valencia stunned Barcelona 3-2 at the Mestalla to reach the King's Cup final 4-3 on aggregate on Thursday.

Barca, who had scrambled an injury-time equaliser to draw 1-1 in the first leg, were hit by a Ruben Baraja piledriver and a breakaway goal from Juan Mata before halftime in an intense encounter they dominated throughout.

Substitute Thierry Henry pulled one back for Barca in the second half only for Mata to bag his second almost immediately and, although a late Samuel Eto'o goal set up a grandstand finish, it was to no avail.

The victory relieves some of the pressure on coach Ronald Koeman who has seen Valencia drop out of Europe and the league title race since he replaced Quique Sanchez Flores in November.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.