1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Osama Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Sep 23, 2006.

1. I've plugged this book for a month, but Lawrence Wright's book on al Qaeda --- The Looming Tower -- is really worth a read. In it, he makes a very compelling case that Zawahiri is the real brains of the operation and the OBL was more bankroll and charisma than operational commander.
    And alley, I'm calling on your Naval expertise here -- I do not like this notion of putting battle groups off Iran all of a sudden. They wwouldn't be that dumb, would tey?

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

My fave line about LK -- "he has yet to meet the guest whose boots he will not lick."

And I'm sure it would be business as usual if OBL were to appear on his show.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Osama: Nice to be here, Larry.
    LK: That must have been tough living in those caves ...
    Osama: Well, yes. We had to go catch mountain goats for food and clothing, though it was CRAZY, for some reason, we did have some boxes of saltines left over from the terrorist training camp.
    LK: Saltines, huh. Osama you're a man of discriminating tastes, don't you miss the Premium saltines in the tin can? Just rip them out of the package and drop them into your Progresso soup. Wheatsworth are wonderful and all, but nothing beats a fine saltine ... agree?

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

We'll be right back with Rachael Ray.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

... after this word from Gold Bond Medicated Foot Powder! Folks, let me tell you, I've a devil's brew of corns, bunyons and foot odor that would bring the most hardened of men to their knees ...

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Nice work, guys. :D

7. Sly

Sly Active Member

Delores is Van Nuys, you're on the line with Osama Bin Laden and Lindse Lohan. Go ahead.

8. LK: You know, Osama -- may I call you Osama? -- we've both had seven wives. You just had them all at once.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

FB, you mentioned that in the book it said Osama is (was) really the bankroll for AQ.
    If that's the case, who takes over if the $$$ dries up?

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Osama's been bankrolling Armchair QB?

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Our topic tonight....which of our guests is more of a threat to American society as we know it?

12. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

We'll worry about our own society, thanks. Why don't you fixate on important matters like Cindy Sheehan's honourary Canadian citizenship?

Draft saved Draft deleted