1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Osama Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Sep 23, 2006.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Thank you, Simone

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I hope it's true... I doubt it is...

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Also waiting for J. Skilling to be treated like a woman, in jail.

Such modest wishes.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Starman, the thread title is pleading for a question mark, IMHO.

At this point, Osama's death is nowhere near as big of a deal as it would have been right after 9/11. Too many other fish running their own small terrorism ponds, instead of one big carp protecting a massive lake.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Not true at all... If this is true, it will be fucking huge...

6. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I hope it's true and if it is true, it means a lot, in tems of symbolism, and maybe even in terms of destroying al-Quaeda, I don't know how involved bin Laden is in planning for them anymore since he had to start hiding out like a frightened, weak animal. But from what I read in the AP, it looks thinly sourced, to say the least.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

It's huge symbolically, Mizzou, but in terms of the war on terrorism? Everyone else and their sister is tearing us to shreds in Afghanistan and Iraq anymore, and it's not all coming on Osama's orders.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I have no idea if he's dead or not.

Politically, he's more valuable to one American political party alive than dead, I do know that.

Dead, not so much.

If he's alive though, where was his big fifth anniversary TV special?

I'm sure Larry King would have been happy to have him on.

9. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Yeah, I have it on authority that Harry Reid arranged the Meals on Wheels to come to his cave, and Nancy Pelosi drove him to his dialysis appointments. Jesus.

Pelosi, in fact, went on record saying that OBL's capture/death, at this stage, would change little, if anything -- and was promptly labeled treasonous by the Mighty Wurlitzer.

The thing most politically advantageous to Dems in the war on terror is that Bush and his gang of deep thinkers are running it. Of course, that's exactly why the master campaigners in the Democratic party are going to run primarily on the economy this fall.

10. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

You can say that again.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

But god forbid the police beat a murderer?

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

His dying in piece is very bad for the assmunches who took us to war to get him.

Draft saved Draft deleted